[Tizen General] Does GBS leak memory?

Zhang, Qiang Z qiang.z.zhang at intel.com
Fri Sep 6 16:28:21 GMT 2013

Hi   Paul,

It's not memory leak, gbs local full build is really memory consume task, especially for some large project, such as kernel/webkit.

There're some discussion before, for webkit build at least 8G (4G memory+ 4G swap) needed, so if you have memory less than 8G, you may got "OOM" error even you just build one webkit package.
Actually, you will get the same error by using rpmbuild instead of gbs. I remember some engineers suggest to split webkit into several small packages, not sure the result now.

The recommended memory is 8G physcal memory and 8G swap.

Thanks
Qiang