[Tizen General] Tizen platform development tools survey : dropping 32bit linux support

Jan-Simon Möller dl9pf at gmx.de
Tue Sep 24 14:11:10 GMT 2013

Hi Jian-feng Ding,

On Tuesday 24 September 2013 20:23:20 Jian-feng Ding wrote:
> Jan-Simon,
>
> Thank you for your attention. The story of qemu is:
>
> 1. In the building, both OBS and gbs, the scripts will use qemu-arm-static
> to run arm binary inside build env chroot

I know the magic, the OBS support was done by me back then.

> 2. In the ideal settings, we'd like to run 64bit qemu-arm-statis in 64bit
> host system, and the same for 32bit. AND we'd better use the qemu from
> Tizen repo.

Ok, I need to verify on 32bit tonight or tomorrow.
I can understand why you want to be in control of the qemu version.

> 3. In the 32bit host system, 32bit qemu will encounter memory faults when
> compiling eglibc of tizen-2.2, so we must use others to bypass it.
> 32bit system.

Backtrace / Buildlog / Log available ?

Or can I see/reproduce this somewhere ?

> 4. But now, for tizen-3.0, eglibc will not be used. So the issue is not
> critical. But tools need to continue the support for tizen-2.1/2.2.

I see. Still I think fixing qemu is the long-term better solution.

> Anyway, it's a very corner issue.

Well - eglibc is no leaf package ;) .