[Tizen General] About SMACK debugging

Leon Anavi leon at anavi.org
Mon Aug 11 09:26:57 GMT 2014

Hi,

I am facing the same issue in my open-source project Tizen-sunxi. The
latest stable version of linux-sunxi kernel (fork of the Linux kernel of
Sunxi devices, aka devices with Allwinner SoC) is 3.4 and it does not
support smack features. So the latest Tizen Common image that I built
couple of weeks ago somehow booted but only in emergency mode.

>> 1. Disable smack entirely.

Disabling smack in Tizen 3 will be a work around and as far as I know it
is not a easy task. For sure it is not a very good idea to do it.

>> 2. Configure smack by porting and applying some patches on top of
>> your kernel.

In my opinion this is a much better solution. In my case with
Tizen-sunxi I have to build a stable version of a newer kernel with
enabled smack configurations.

Which version of the Linux kernel are you using and could you please
provide some details regarding the hardware of your board?

Thanks,
Leon

http://anavi.org/