[Tizen General] Next developer device

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Aug 19 15:44:40 GMT 2014

On Tuesday 19 August 2014 08:20:28 Olivier Nyssen wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to make a suggestion for the next developer device:
> a Samsung tablet with an Intel Atom CPU would a nice symbol of the Tizen
> project.
> Tizen Common with Samsung's SAP and OSP would be a great OS imo

Hi Olivier

A tablet with Tizen Common would make little sense. There isn't much you can
do with Tizen Common except develop more Tizen. People would be a little
frustrated that they'd boot their devices to the X checkerboard-and-pointer
screen.

Also, we don't have a Tablet profile. We could consider it to be "large mobile"
but the UX might not be right. More to the point: until one of the Tizen
member companies is considering doing a Tizen tablet, there's no point in
giving tablets to developers: their designs and solutions would not match the
desired device type.