[Tizen General] Next developer device

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Aug 20 06:22:50 GMT 2014

On Tuesday 19 August 2014 21:50:09 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 August 2014 03:36:55 Olivier Nyssen wrote:
> > Thanks for the replies, guys.
> > A wifi tablet has many advantages imo: it's a very simple device, it can
> > be
> > made rapidly and it doesn't interfere with existing marketing programs.
> > This device would be a real "community" device, 100% open and
> > experimental.
> > Carsten: couldn't we use an Enlightenment UI on a Tizen tablet ?
>
> Who's going to pay for that device?

Let me make the question clear: why would one of the companies involved pay
for such a device?

Companies aren't involved out of the goodness of their hearts. They have a
business objective behind the actions they do. So can you give me a business
reason why one of the involved companies would fund a Tizen tablet?