[Tizen General] The Tizen Project is broken. We will be spending some time apart.

Bob Summerwill bob at summerwill.net
Mon Aug 25 11:43:15 GMT 2014

Thanks for the follow-up, Mats.

I was expecting a public response.    Normally when you say "this project
is broken", I would expect some kind of "no it isn't" response from the
project leads, or at least "yes, we are aware there are problems, and
here's what we are doing to mitigate it".    To get nothing back is very
disappointing.    It gives the impression that nobody in a position of
influence within the project really cares whether Tizen fails or succeeds.
  That, or they are gagged (which is more likely).    Not so great for an
open source project in either case.

While it is great to see your response, those impressions remain with me.

Thanks for the additional information around the LinuxCon structure and IoT
consortium.

I dug up this amusing tweet on the topic :-)

    https://twitter.com/TomRaftery/status/486797277181538304

Glad to hear that you will be presenting about Tizen in the future.   Best
of luck with that.

Cheers,
Bob

bob at summerwill.net