[Tizen General] Drivers for keyboard, mouse and ethernet

Michael Johnson Michael.Johnson at Symphonyteleca.com
Thu Aug 28 11:03:40 GMT 2014

Hi,

I'm using IVI.  Actually Geoffroy offered a possible solution as below:

Another alternative is to build your own ‘clean’ image by slightly modifying the kickstart file.

E.g.: pick up the latest kickstart file:
http://download.tizen.org/releases/daily/tizen/ivi/latest/images/atom/ivi-mbr-i586/tizen-ivi_20140826.3_ivi-mbr-i586.ks

And add this in the %post section somewhere

# Add a rule to load the atkbd driver on <your machine>
cat > /etc/udev/rules.d/99-atkbd.rules <<EOF
KERNEL=="id", SUBSYSTEM=="dmi", ATTR{sys_vendor}=="VMware, Inc.", RUN+="/sbin/modprobe atkbd"
EOF

You’ll have to adjust the sys_vendor to your own machine or you could make the rule much more generic to unconditionally load atkbd (if you don’t care about boot time for now).

That’s not quite the same as getting a ‘clean’ image but it’s close ;-)

I'll be trying that soon.

Regards
Mike

MICHAEL JOHNSON
Embedded Software Engineer

Symphony Teleca
Sunley House, 46 Jewry Street, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8RY
Phone: +441962868866
Michael.Johnson at Symphonyteleca.com<mailto:Michael.Johnson at Symphonyteleca.com>
www.symphonyteleca.com<http://www.symphonyteleca.com>

[Linkedin]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/4301?trk=tyah>     [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/symphony_teleca>      [Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/SymphonyTelecaCorp>
[cid:e32039.png at 238d5b7d.43b21dea]<http://www.symphonyteleca.com/together>

Teleca Limited, a company registered in England & Wales, registration number 2773878, registered office at Sunley House, 46 Jewry Street, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 8RY. VAT registration number GB 674 6583 90

Follow what's going on at Symphony Teleca's blog on www.symphonyteleca.com/blog<http://www.symphonyteleca.com/blog>. Please consider the environment before you print.

Notice to recipient: This e-mail (including any attachments) is meant for the intended recipient only, may contain confidential and proprietary information, and is protected by law. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender of the error by return e-mail, delete this communication and any attachments, and shred any printouts. Unauthorized review, use, dissemination, distribution, copying or taking of any action based on this communication is strictly prohibited.