[Tizen General] [Dev] [VIDEO] Tizen:Common on Radxa Rock

Leon Anavi leon at anavi.org
Mon Dec 1 21:16:16 GMT 2014

Hi Jose, Lukasz,

On 2014-12-01 12:16, José Bollo wrote:
> Nice video, especially at the end the picture "tizen cookbook". Did you
> make the announcement here for that kindle book?

Thank you :) No, I don't feel comfortable to make an announcement about
it at the mailing lists because it might be considered as an unwanted
advertisement.

On 2014-12-01 12:57, Lukasz Pawelczyk wrote:
> On pon, 2014-12-01 at 02:10 +0200, Leon Anavi wrote:
>> the open source hardware development board Radxa Rock
>
> Out of curiosity. You say "open source hardware". What parts of this
> hardware are actually open sourced? I can't see anything on their page.
>
> I can only see schematics for the board, but that's not enough to be
> open source hardware I think.

Yes, you are absolutely right - schematics are not enough to make the
board an open source hardware device. That's why at the end of October
Tom Cubie shared all details about Radxa Rock at GitHub:
https://github.com/radxa/oshw

If you have time you can have a look at the following interesting
articles about the announcement that Radxa Rock has become an open
source hardware board:
http://radxa.com/News/2014/10/rock-pro-lite-is-oshw-now
https://olimex.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/radxa-rock-prolite-is-oshw-now/
http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/10/24/radxa-rock-pro-lite-development-boards-are-now-open-source-hardware/