[Tizen General] Pandaboard ES stuck at Menu Screen

Leon Anavi leon at anavi.org
Thu Dec 4 13:15:20 GMT 2014

Hi Akhil,

On 2014-12-04 14:50, Akhil Panayamparambil wrote:
> Can you please direct me from where I could find the
> images for Pandaboard ES Tizen 3.0?

Pandaboard ES has ARMv7 compatible CPU which means that you can use the
images available here:
http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/common/latest/images/

Keep in my mind that some efforts will be needed to get any of these
images running on the board.

Tizen:Common works on other ARMv7 boards such as A20-OLinuXino, Radxa
Rock, and UDROID-U3. Recently I got it working on Radxa Rock and I have
describe the porting process at my blog (when I have time I will
transfer the info to Tizen wiki too):
https://www.anavi.org/article/168/

> Or is it like we have to port it
> from scratch with GBS and MIC ? And thank you for the fast and prompt
> reply you guys gave me.

It is also possible to build rpms of Tizen:Common or any other Tizen 3
profiles locally with GBS and to create an image. If you want to do it
please read carefully all articles related to following page:
https://source.tizen.org/documentation/developer-guide/all-one-instructions/creating-tizen-images-scratch-one-page

Building Tizen from scratch requires a powerful hardware. Based on
personal experience it is recommended to build it on personal computer
with Intel i7 CPU and at least 8GB RAM. Otherwise the build process
would require too much time.

Best regards,
Leon