[Tizen General] Pandaboard ES stuck at Menu Screen

Philippe Coval philippe.coval at open.eurogiciel.org
Thu Dec 4 15:49:48 GMT 2014

Hi tizen ARM community

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Leon Anavi <leon at anavi.org> wrote:
> Hi Akhil,
>
> On 2014-12-04 14:50, Akhil Panayamparambil wrote:
>>
>> Can you please direct me from where I could find the
>> images for Pandaboard ES Tizen 3.0?
>

> Pandaboard ES has ARMv7 compatible CPU which means that you can use the
> images available here:
> http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/common/latest/images/

only rootfs

> Keep in my mind that some efforts will be needed to get any of these images
> running on the board.

not that much if the kernel is shared somewhere in source or binary form
for reference

The main issue will be integration of GPU support...

> Tizen:Common works on other ARMv7 boards such as A20-OLinuXino, Radxa Rock,
> and UDROID-U3. Recently I got it working on Radxa Rock and I have describe
> the porting process at my blog (when I have time I will transfer the info to
> Tizen wiki too):
> https://www.anavi.org/article/168/

I confirm about odroid u3 ,

I just booted mine yesterday from tizen sources
more is needed to have an automated process
but on request I can share an image or/and short tutorial

based on works shared by Chanho Park and others

https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Quick_guide_for_odroid

https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/How_to_Build_and_Load_Tizen_on_Odroid_U3

>> Or is it like we have to port it
>> from scratch with GBS and MIC ? And thank you for the fast and prompt
>> reply you guys gave me.

yea gbs for kernel and mic for image

I would not bother rebuild the whole image assume it is possible and
use the daily armv7 archive

you can insipire from this tutorial too :

https://dockr.eurogiciel.fr/blogs/embedded/tizen-arm-images-to-renesas/

Feel free to improve this page too

https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/ARM