[Tizen General] [Announcement] Tizen:Common for Firefly-RK3288

Leon Anavi leon at anavi.org
Fri Dec 26 22:46:13 GMT 2014

Hi All,

I am happy to announce that I was able to boot Tizen:Common from microSD
card on Firefly-RK3288 development board with Linux kernel 3.10, Wayland
and framebuffer support.

Firefly-RK3288 is a powerful development board with Rockchip RK3288 ARM
SoC that features Cortex-A17 quad core CPU @ 1.8GHz and Mali-T764 GPU.
Details about the board are available at:
http://www.t-firefly.com/en/

The Tizen:Common image for Firefly-RK3288 is available for download at:
http://pc.cd/cNU

It is recommend to update the bootloader of the development board to
version RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.17.02.bin to ensure that it will be
capable of booting images from microSD card. After that you can copy the
provided Tizen:Common image on a micro SD with 8GB or more capacity.

Replace X with the letter corresponding to the micro SD card and execute
the following commands to copy the image on micro SD card using a
personal computer with Ubuntu (another Unix-like OS or Linux
distribution):

umount /dev/sdX*
tar -jxvf tizen-rockchip-firefly-rk3288-20141226.tar.bz2
sudo dd if=tizen-rockchip-firefly-rk3288-20141226.img of=/dev/sdX
sync

Configuration files required for running Tizen:Common on Firefly-RK3288
have been shared at the Tizen-rockchip project at GitHub:
https://github.com/leon-anavi/tizen-rockchip

Happy holidays and best regards,
Leon

--