[Tizen General] Creating Tizen Native Project Error

Alejandro Piñeiro apinheiro at igalia.com
Mon Nov 3 16:56:02 GMT 2014

Hi,

On 03/11/14 17:17, VanCutsem, Geoffroy wrote:

> [...]

Well, since my email, then some discussion happening on tizen-ivi, and
this was said on one of those emails:
"Although currently IVI SDK doesn't support native apps(I am not sure if
IVI SDK also need to support native apps in future). It is a key issue
for Tizen SDK(including mobile SDK, wearable SDK, or others)."

So the conclusions is that depends on the profile, and that the wiki
page is somewhat outdated. Is the documentation also JIRA tracked?

Full email:
https://lists.tizen.org/pipermail/dev/2014-October/004758.html

> And now something somewhat offtopic, there is one thing that I miss
> from the tizen documentation. Although it properly and detailed
> explains how to create a new image based on the tizen repositories
> locally (using gbs), it is not clear how to create a new native
> application, compile and test it on a image, before event suggesting
> to integrate it on the Tizen machinery. Or am I wrong and there is a
> similar link around that I missed?
>
> [Geoffroy] There isn’t such a wiki page that I’m aware of. The process
> to go through would be roughly the following:
>
> -Host your source code in a git repository.
>
> -Prepare the packaging info (aka your spec file) for it (for GBS):
> https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines and put it under the
> ‘packaging/’ folder (in your source code.
>
> -Put your manifest file in ‘packaging’ too (see this wiki page for
> more info:
> https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Security/Application_installation_and_Manifest)
>
> -Build your code against Tizen using GBS: if successful this will
> generate an RPM file that you can then transfer and install in your
> Tizen image.
>
> Just note that with Yocto, the packaging information is different and
> comes in the form of a recipe that bitbake will use.

That is a really good explanation. Thank you very much. And I think that
it would be good to be included as part of the documentation (not sure
exactly where).

Thanks for your answer

Best regards

--