[Tizen General] how to start enlightment or X in tizen 3.0

Leon Anavi leon at anavi.org
Thu Nov 20 15:45:09 GMT 2014

Hi Marico,

On 2014-11-20 17:26, Marico Xu wrote:
> At last, download the mali ddk from
> https://source.tizen.org/mali-ddk-tizen-3.0-wayland-enabled, and
> install it in the target, but it seems that there is still no ddx
> driver and Weston in the system

First of all let me clarify that Weston is included in Tizen:Common
images with Wayland.

Couple of months ago I tried to enable graphical acceleration for
Tizen:Common on A20-OLinuXino-MICRO with exactly the same Mali DDK for
Wayland but it didn't work out. Btw this reminds me that I have to give
it a try on Radxa Rock when I have free time during the next weekend :)

If you are playing with Wayland I recommend you to have a look at the
following article from Philippe Coval in which he explains how to fix
display issues and as a work-around to rely on the frame buffer support:
https://dockr.eurogiciel.fr/blogs/embedded/tizen-arm-images-to-renesas/

Please note that the article is about Renesas rcar but it is pretty much
the same process for other boards with ARM SoC.

Best regards,
Leon

--
http://anavi.org/