[Tizen General] how to start enlightment or X in tizen 3.0

Leon Anavi leon at anavi.org
Tue Nov 25 07:51:04 GMT 2014

Hi Marico,

On 2014-11-25 05:28, Marico Xu wrote:
> Thanks, and the tizen3.0 eventually start successfully on my Odriod
> X2.

Well done :)

> And here I still have two questions:
>
>  1. software rendering works well with wayland on the system, but the
> hardware acceleration seems still not work. And I didn’t find
> libtbm.so.1 in the package
> tizen-common_20141118.1_common-wayland-3parts-armv7l-odroidu3.tar.gz
> [1](in my opinion, it is useful for the hardware rendering).

Odriod X2 has Mali-400MP GPU and you need Mali DDK to enable hardware
acceleration. Due to licensing policies the Mali DDK is proprietary and
it is distributed as an 3rd party RPM. You have to install it after
flashing Tizen. It is a bit hard to find publicly appropriate Mali DDK
for Wayland but you try this one:
https://source.tizen.org/mali-ddk-tizen-3.0-wayland-enabled

Installation instructions based on older versions of Tizen and the Mali
DDK for Samsung reference devices RD-PQ and RD-210 are available at:
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Enable_3D_Acceleration_on_Tizen

It seems that you are working for ARM which gives you some advantage for
Mali DDK :) Please keep me informed if you get it working with Wayland
because I am experiencing similar issues with the hardware acceleration
on other dev boards with Mali GPU (A10 and A20 OLinuXino, Radxa Rock).

>  2. I tried to build the whole tizen3.0 package, but it seems that I
> cannot sync successfully with the command “repo init -u
> ssh:_//<Username>@review.tizen.org:29418/scm/manifest -b tizen -m
> common.xml_” and “repo sync -f”, it always show the error happen
> during the sync, but it’s ok when I tried to sync the code of
> tizen2.0

What kind of error do you get?

Verify that you have successfully configured SSH connection by executing
the following command:
ssh tizen

Alternatively, you can clone Tizen:Common source over HTTPS. More
information is available at:
https://source.tizen.org/documentation/developer-guide/getting-started-guide/cloning-tizen-source
https://source.tizen.org/documentation/developer-guide/environment-setup

Best regards,