[Tizen General] Intel Compute Stick

jezra jezra at jezra.net
Fri Jan 9 18:05:48 GMT 2015

On Fri, 9 Jan 2015 18:54:40 +0100
Olivier Nyssen <nyssen11 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 9:36 AM, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) <
> dominig.arfoll at fridu.net> wrote:
>
> > Hello;
> >
> > that stick has a PC structure and Linux support is already
> > announced, so if you want to get Tizen running on it it will be
> > possible. It might requires some minor adaptations but that's all.
>
> Yes but this is an unique opportunity to promote the Tizen ecosystem
> with a device which is going to be a fantastic dev toy.
> This is an Atom device so Tizen should be preinstalled imo.
> Ubuntu would be an absurd choice: Intel doesn't even support Mir
> drivers iirc

Tizen would be a poor choice for a "turn you TV into a desktop
computer" device, unless there is a user friendly desktop version of
Tizen that I don't know about. That being said, it would be nice to see
Intel putting their OS on their hardware. While they are at it, Intel
should ditch the low spec "linux" version and offer the high spec
system with Windows or Linux.