[Tizen General] Samsung Z1 - the first Tizen smartphone on the market

Philippe Coval philippe.coval at open.eurogiciel.org
Wed Jan 14 09:19:23 GMT 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Leon Anavi <leon at anavi.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Congratulations, the long wait is over :) The first Tizen powered
> smartphone, Samsung Z1 is unveiled today in India. Developers will get 100%
> revenue share from Tizen Store for one year. The web is full with news about
> Samsung Z1, here are some of them:
>
> http://www.tizenexperts.com/2015/01/samsung-launches-first-tizen-z1-smartphone-india/
>
> http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/samsung-unveils-the-samsung-z1-the-first-tizen-powered-smartphone-for-indian-consumers/
>
> According to these articles the Tizen version on Z1 is 2.3. I want to get
> this version on RD-PQ and eventually some dev boards. Will a Tizen 2.3
> snapshot be available at download.tizen.org?

Yea It would be nice

but 1st we must be able to get the device
check the licences and THEN requesting the source code

So who will be the 1st Z1 owner ?

Worth a trip to india does'nt it ?

Btw what versions are RDPQ owners using/hacking on ?

Later and keep fingers crossed

--
 mailto:philippe.coval at eurogiciel.fr  --  gpg:0x467094BC
 xmpp:philippe.coval.pro at gmail.com