[Tizen General] Stack Overflow

Leon Anavi leon.anavi at konsulko.com
Thu Jun 11 14:22:42 GMT 2015

Hi Olivier, Mats, All,

On 11.06.2015 16:38, Mats Wichmann wrote:
> On 06/10/15 23:06, Olivier Nyssen wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> There are many dev questions on Stack Overflow which remain unanswered.
>> Official support would be welcome imo
It is not pleasant to see so many unanswered questions about Tizen at
Stack Overflow. On the other hand it is good to see that the interest in
Tizen application development is increasing. After all, I am sure that
there are also unanswered questions for Android and iOS.
> We should find some way to support this better, yes (here I'm speaking
> as an individual supporting the notion that Stackoverflow is now one of
> the most important channels for a project, sometimes more so than the
> ones the project sets up itself. Obviously I'm not committing my
> employer to anything :)
I share the same opinion.

Stack Overflow and GitHub are the pivots of developer communities
nowadays. In my personal opinion it is up the Tizen community managers
to attract a critical mass of application developers and to encourage
them to share their knowledge in Stack Overflow as well as in the
existing infrastructure at tizen.org. Based on my experience from other
communities one of the best way is through gamification.

Best regards,
Leon

Leon Anavi
Software Engineer