[Tizen General] Stack Overflow

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) tizen at rasterman.com
Tue Jun 23 01:59:23 GMT 2015

On Mon, 22 Jun 2015 07:50:44 -0600 Mats Wichmann <mats at osg.samsung.com> said:

> On 06/11/15 08:22, Leon Anavi wrote:
>
> > It is not pleasant to see so many unanswered questions about Tizen at
> > Stack Overflow. On the other hand it is good to see that the interest in
> > Tizen application development is increasing. After all, I am sure that
> > there are also unanswered questions for Android and iOS.
> >> We should find some way to support this better, yes (here I'm speaking
> >> as an individual supporting the notion that Stackoverflow is now one of
> >> the most important channels for a project, sometimes more so than the
> >> ones the project sets up itself. Obviously I'm not committing my
> >> employer to anything :)
> > I share the same opinion.
>
> I've had a look sporadically over the last week or so, and the questions
> that go unanswered are not in particular ones I know how to respond to.
>  We'd really need to get fairly wide buy-in to have people who can
> answer all of these.  For example, caph falls in the realm of TV work,
> it would be great to get someone who knows about it also get involved.
>
> Just an observation - that "volunteer effort" probably isn't going to
> get to where we want.

just having a "winge"... for me going to look at a web forum is fairly painful
n my workflow. i personally think that if the forums could have an email "port"
it'd be great - e.g. every new forum post gets posted to some tizen-forums
mailing list, and every reply to that post on the ml also gets displayed in the
forums (and new emails to the mailing list get posted to the forums too). i
wouldn't have to go check the forums page all the time - messages would just
pop up in my various inboxes.

--
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <tizen at rasterman.com>