[Tizen General] [Dev] Tizen dev TV

Andreas Brauchli Andreas.Brauchli at sensirion.com
Tue Jun 30 11:31:50 GMT 2015

Hey Philippe

Thanks for the reply..

On Die, 2015-06-30 at 11:35 +0200, Philippe Coval wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 11:06 AM, Andreas Brauchli
> <Andreas.Brauchli at sensirion.com> wrote:
> > Hi Lists
> >
> > I'm looking for a recommendation of a hackable Tizen 3 TV to do some
> > development on. Any suggestions?
>
> I think some teams are using Odroid/Exynos hardware
> those are devboards not TVs ...

I already have a MinnowMax board that I'm quite happy with but I'm still
looking for a Tizen TV for some demos.

> > If the TV is flashable that'd be a big plus but not a strict
> > requirement.
>
> I dont know any "open" TV to load custom OS ... but I know there are
> couple of alternate firmwares for existing products (not tizen
> ones)...
>

> First thing I'll do is to grab the sources tarball of *J* Series TV
> from vendor  :
>
> http://opensource.samsung.com/
>
> Also I am unsure all J models are shipped with tizen
From what I gathered, all *2015* models should come with Tizen, however,
it seems hard to find specific versions. Based on the
opensource.samsung.com I suppose that they all run similar software. The
download is quite large and very slow so I haven't been able to check
the contents yet.

I found a good lineup of the TVs here (no tizen versions though):
http://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd-led/samsung

> Hope this help.... keep us updated
Yup, thanks. If anyone else has something to share on the topic, I'd
love to hear it!

Cheers

Confidentiality: The information contained in this email message and all attachments transmitted with it is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify us and delete this email and any attachments from your system. Thank you.