[Tizen General] React Native

Bob Summerwill bob at summerwill.net
Tue Jan 12 07:10:53 GMT 2016

There are many things which Samsung "should" do, but the root of it, as I'm
sure you are well aware, Olivier lies in economics.

Until Tizen has more users, the third party apps will never arrive.    The
numbers just don't make sense for businesses to engage while there is such
a massive, massive gulf between Android and iOS and the also-rans group, in
which Tizen has edged past Blackberry into #4 (because BB are dying so
badly).

There is still a BIG jump before Tizen can get past Windows Phone even
(which is also dying), and that is with Microsoft having a pretty
compelling Convergence story and development tools and compatibility
bridges which are orders of magnitude better than Tizen offers.

The only salvation for Tizen in the market, IMHO, given that even Android
support via ACL is not actually being allowed, is a massive cash-injection
from Samsung to pay for porting of prestige applications to Tizen.   That
is the game which both Microsoft and Amazon have been playing shameless for
the last few years, and it is the only answer in my opinion.     No organic
demand?   Well - gotta "juice it" then, to make appealing applications
available to induce people to adopt.

It is a crying shame, because the Z3 is a great bit of hardware.   Battery
life is just amazing too.    Software selection is abysmal, though.
 Samsung have to have to fix that.

bob at summerwill.net