[Tizen General] IoTivity interop on Wind River Linux

tizen at encambio.com tizen at encambio.com
Fri Jul 29 12:48:04 GMT 2016

Hello Philippe,

On jeu., juil. 28, 2016, Philippe Coval wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Michael wrote:
>> Thanks to Leon for suggesting this post. We already announced on
>> IRC the following. It seems that another platform has joined the
>> IoTivity boat, namely:
>>
>> $ uname -a
>> Linux Wind-River 3.14.58_IDP-XT_3.1-WR7.0.0.13_idp #1 SMP PREEMPT
>> Tue Jun 7 16:52:19 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>
>I don't know much about Wind River linux, it's yocto based isnt it ?

I'm not the right person to ask, being rather uninformed on the Wind
River OS design. Good question in any case.

>I assume it uses meta-oic layer ? so latest release iotivty-1.1.0 ?

If you really want to know, tell me how to determine if a OS
is yocto based from within the runtime. I assume things like
lsb_release and /proc don't reveal anything.

>Can you tell, how can I get a version for FishRiverIsland2 :
>
>http://elinux.org/FRI

No idea, are you asking due to the Intel connection?

>I can help regarding iotivity on tizen (and outside too)
>as that's something I've been experienced for a while,

Cool, I can see this progressing slowly but I'm definitely
enthusiastic about having a platform around that is IoTivity
friendly.

Maybe we can have a duo demo on stage at OpenIoT where
Wind River on Dell iSeries talks to Tizen on Artik?

Cheers,
Michael