[Tizen General] IoTivity interop on Wind River Linux

tizen at encambio.com tizen at encambio.com
Fri Jul 29 13:58:22 GMT 2016

Hello again,

On ven., juil. 29, 2016, Michael wrote:
>On jeu., juil. 28, 2016, Philippe Coval wrote:
>>On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Michael wrote:
>>> Thanks to Leon for suggesting this post. We already announced on
>>> IRC the following. It seems that another platform has joined the
>>> IoTivity boat, namely:
>>>
>>> $ uname -a
>>> Linux Wind-River 3.14.58_IDP-XT_3.1-WR7.0.0.13_idp #1 SMP PREEMPT
>>> Tue Jun 7 16:52:19 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>>
>>I don't know much about Wind River linux, it's yocto based isnt it ?
>>
>I'm not the right person to ask, being rather uninformed on the Wind
>River OS design. Good question in any case.
>
>>I assume it uses meta-oic layer ? so latest release iotivty-1.1.0 ?
>>
>If you really want to know, tell me how to determine if a OS
>is yocto based from within the runtime. I assume things like
>lsb_release and /proc don't reveal anything.
>
>>Can you tell, how can I get a version for FishRiverIsland2 :
>>
>>http://elinux.org/FRI
>>
>No idea, are you asking due to the Intel connection?
>
>>I can help regarding iotivity on tizen (and outside too)
>>as that's something I've been experienced for a while,
>>
>Cool, I can see this progressing slowly but I'm definitely
>enthusiastic about having a platform around that is IoTivity
>friendly.
>
>Maybe we can have a duo demo on stage at OpenIoT where
>Wind River on Dell iSeries talks to Tizen on Artik?

By the way, my Artik 10 with a stock OS (Fedora based) completely
lacks IoTivity and has no way to build it even after installing
scons, boost, and all the other mass of dependencies. Is the Artik
module architecture supposed to be this weak on IoT?

If not, why doesn't it ship with Tizen rather than Fedora?

Cheers,
Michael