[Tizen General] IoTivity interop on Wind River Linux

Mats Wichmann mats at osg.samsung.com
Fri Jul 29 15:32:31 GMT 2016

On 07/29/2016 07:58 AM, tizen at encambio.com wrote:

> By the way, my Artik 10 with a stock OS (Fedora based) completely
> lacks IoTivity and has no way to build it even after installing
> scons, boost, and all the other mass of dependencies. Is the Artik
> module architecture supposed to be this weak on IoT?

I'm able to build on Fedora (that's on an ordinary x86_64 host though), so a little surprising you can't get it to build.  maybe, to parrot Phil, might want to take it to the iotivity list.

> If not, why doesn't it ship with Tizen rather than Fedora?

you could try one of the images being built automatically, today's link is here:

http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/common_artik/tizen-common-artik_20160727.1/images/arm-wayland/

there's an article on doing this without blowing away the internal fedora load

https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Booting_Tizen_3.0_From_microSD_On_ARTIK

tizen is producing a wrapper library called iotcon, this is the way you're expected to talk to iotivity. iotcon is at least in current 3.0 mobile snapshots, less certain what's in the tizen-common images but I expect it's there.