[Tizen General] Tizen Matrix client

Leon Anavi leon.anavi at konsulko.com
Tue Mar 1 09:37:28 GMT 2016

Hi Philippe,

On 1.03.2016 11:30, Philippe Coval wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 9:53 AM, Leon Anavi <leon.anavi at konsulko.com
> <mailto:leon.anavi at konsulko.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Olivier,
>
>     On 1.03.2016 10:07, Olivier Nyssen wrote:
>>     The Matrix room is about a specific project: a multi-protocol
>>     (IRC, XMPP, SIP, webRTC, etc) Tizen client which would also
>>     integrate Twitter and RSS.
>>     So if you're interested in audio/video communications and instant
>>     messaging, join us :)
>

> Having a chat client to run on Z1 is definitely a good idea
> I talked w/ matrix team at FOSDEM about that.,
> so they could provide community support if needed.
Yes, this is another story: definitely a Matrix client application will
bring value to the Tizen ecosystem (smartphones and TVs) for the end
consumers.

> If any appdeveloper is interested,
> it worth to be discussed at our next online meeting 2016-03-03
>
> https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Meeting
>
> Of course it will happens on IRC :) ,
> I would not bother with video call, since we could be too much for that.

Yes, video calls require more efforts from all participants but from
community point of view initiatives like ubuntuonair.com bring new
contributors to the project. In my opinion this should be our community
goal in long term :)

Best regards, Leon

--
Leon Anavi