[Tizen General] tizen 2.3 build issues and x11 issues

Imct cheng imct.cheng at gmail.com
Thu May 5 03:23:53 GMT 2016

hi,there,

sorry for the spread.
I am trying to build the tizen2.3 source code in my odoridx2 device,but I
met some problems, hope anyone can help me ,thanks.

1.build issues
When I try to build the Tizen 2.3 source code ,I find it will always hang
at somewhere, I have to stop it and build again , it will occure several
 times(have to stop the building and run the building again ) as below
shows, please ignore the package name because it may hang after building
 other package

> xorg-x11-xkb-utils
> info: finished building xorg-x11-drv-evdev-multitouch
> info: *** [302/565] building xorg-x11-xkb-utils-7.9.1-1 armv7l
> tizen_2.3_mobile (worker: 1) ***
> info: finished building xorg-x11-drv-evdev
> info: finished building xorg-x11-xkb-utils
> info: next pass:
> xkeyboard-config
> info: *** [303/565] building xkeyboard-config-2.9.1-5 armv7l
> tizen_2.3_mobile (worker: 0) ***
> info: finished building xkeyboard-config
> info: next pass:
> xorg-x11-misc-exynos
> info: *** [304/565] building xorg-x11-misc-exynos-0.0.41-1 armv7l
> tizen_2.3_mobile (worker: 0) ***
> info: finished building xorg-x11-misc-exynos

*....... *

*hanging here *

 my build step is:

*a. repo init -u ssh://<username>@review.tizen.org:29418/scm/manifest
<http://review.tizen.org:29418/scm/manifest> -b tizen_2.3*
*b.repo sync*
*c. modiy the gbs.conf:*

> [general]
> profile = profile.tizen_2.3_mobile
> buildroot =/work/tizen_2.3/gbsbuild
> #profile = profile.tizen_2.3_wearable
> [repo.tizen_2.3_mobile]
> url=
> http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/2.3-mobile/common/latest/repos/target/packages
> # For Emulator
> ## url=
> http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/2.3-mobile/common/latest/repos/emulator/packages
> [repo.tizen_2.3_wearable]
> url=
> http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/2.3-wearable/common/latest/repos/target/packages
> # For Emulator
> ## url=
> http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/2.3-wearable/common/latest/repos/emulator/packages
> [profile.tizen_2.3_mobile]
> repos=repo.tizen_2.3_mobile
> [profile.tizen_2.3_wearable]
> repos=repo.tizen_2.3_wearable

*d.then build the souce code,use the build.sh:*

> #!/bin/bash
>
> accel_pkgs="bash,bzip2-libs,c-ares,cmake,coreutils,diffutils,eglibc,elfutils-libelf,elfutils-libs,elfutils,fdupes,file,findutils,gawk,gmp,libacl,libattr,libcap,libcurl,libfile,libgcc,liblua,libstdc++,make,mpc,mpfr,ncurses-libs,nodejs,nspr,nss-softokn-freebl,nss,openssl,patch,popt,rpm-libs,rpm-build,sed,sqlite,tar,xz-libs,binutils,gcc,filesystem,aul,libmm-sound,libtool,syspopup,notification,libva,libzypp-bindings,rpm,web-ui-fw,python-doc,rpm,perl,tizen-debug,ise-web-helper-agent"
> gbs build -A armv7l --threads=4 --clean-once
>  --exclude=${accel_pkgs},filesystem,aul,libmm-sound,libtool,python-doc,web-ui-fw,webkit2-efl

so do you konw what's reason that why the build will hang.

2. X11
I use the odroidu3/x2 as my board, and I find if I don't connect the HDMI,
the X can not start up, so is there any ways to bring up the X when there
is no HDMI connect (mean I need the tizen bring up fully without Display
devices connect), or maybe just like headless X11

 Thanks
ct