[Tizen General] New "Wear" operating system open-source?

randomperson at tutanota.com randomperson at tutanota.com
Mon May 24 10:58:12 UTC 2021

With news of the Tizen and Wear OS operating systems merging into one OS for wearables, it's unclear to me whether the new OS will afford the same freedoms as Tizen has.

I've been a fan of Tizen on wearables exactly because of its open-source nature, whereas Wear OS has been closed-source from the get-go. Will the new OS that comes from the Samsung-Google collaboration be open-source like Tizen? Or will AsteroidOS be the only open-source wearable OS going forward?