Tizen IVI 3.0-M3-Oct2014 has been released

Hofemeier, Ulf ulf.hofemeier at intel.com
Thu Oct 30 20:20:53 GMT 2014

The IVI team is pleased to announce the release of the Tizen IVI 3.0-M3-Oct2014 Release for In-Vehicle Infotainment.

With this release we deliver a much improved Modello UI experience. The OS is available in 32-bit and 64-bit backed by a Long Term Support Initiative<http://ltsi.linuxfoundation.org/> Linux kernel. The multi-user application framework has support for single/all-user app deployment scenarios<https://lists.tizen.org/pipermail/dev/2014-September/004229.html>. Developing applications for Modello is easier than ever using the Tizen_IVI_SDK<https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Tizen_IVI_SDK> with support for vehicle webAPIs<https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Vehicle_Web_API#What_is_supported> powered by Crosswalk<https://crosswalk-project.org/>. For lower level development Automotive Message Broker (AMB)<https://01.org/automotive-message-broker> contains CAN plugin generator tools and a JavaScript engine for rapid plugin prototyping. System resources are now handled by Murphy<https://01.org/murphy>. MinnowBoard MAX<http://www.minnowboard.org/meet-minnowboard-max/> will run this latest installment of Tizen IVI 3.0 M3 and offers customers an affordable entry-level SDP.

We are also excited to announce the availability of our new Tizen IVI<https://www.tizen.org/about/devices/vehicle-infotainment> project landing page hosted on Tizen.org. This landing page provides quick and easy access to everything you need to get started with Tizen IVI.<https://www.tizen.org/about/devices/vehicle-infotainment> If you would like to reach out you can find us on the Freenode.net IRC<https://www.freenode.net/> #automotive chat channel.

Note: The engineering name for this release in JIRA<https://bugs.tizen.org/> is M14.3 but its official name is Tizen IVI 3.0-M3-Oct2014

The complete release notes are available here:
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/IVI/Tizen-IVI_3.0-M3-Oct2014

For more information about the Tizen for In-Vehicle-Infotainment (IVI) project, please go and visit our new landing page on Tizen.org at: https://www.tizen.org/ivi.<https://www.tizen.org/ivi>

Regards,

Ulf (on behalf of the Tizen IVI team)