[Tizen Product-dev] Building Tizen image from source.

Rusty Lynch rusty.lynch at intel.com
Wed May 2 16:55:56 GMT 2012

On 05/02/2012 09:42 AM, Gowtham Shanmukham wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to build a customized image for a Intel CrossVille IVI
> reference platform, so is there a way to build a Tizen image from source
> by selecting/configuring required packages.
>
> I have seen a kickstart(.ks) file in download section of IVI preview
> image, is this kickstart the official method to create a tizen image.

Kickstart files are the way we construct images from pre-built rpm
packages.  If you want to build an entire image from source then you
will need to import the source to your own build system, perhaps using
something like OBS Light, and then us a kickstart file to build an image
off the output of your own build system.

     --rusty